So, on the 2nd, I turned 27. I am about a week behind on this, but I wanted to do a recap. I used to do this quiz back in the livejournal days and I am almost (almost!) tempted to go find an old one to compare.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
We bought a house! I am also never doing it again! Yay!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My only goal for the year was to read 75 books and I read 100. Woo!
For next year, I am hoping to read 100 books, continue to get mostly A’s in my classes and finish painting most of the rooms in the house.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My brother’s girlfriend to my adorable nephew Bradley.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I don’t think so.
5. What countries did you visit?
The only place I visited was D.C. It felt like another country because it was 105 degrees when I was there, if that counts?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A little vacation would be nice. Even just camping or something. We had a camping trip planned but had to cancel it.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 3! Day we closed on the house! February 23, Brad’s birthday!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I took 5 classes this year and got 4 A’s and a B+. Pretty proud of that. Also proud of all the work I’ve done on the house.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Keeping plants alive.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A few colds here and there…
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A house! After that…a Macbook Pro with retina display! It’s so pretty. And my kindle paperwhite is my best friend.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really excited about?
My nephew! My house! My photography class!
14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova – Into the Mystic. I made Keith download it and then played it 200 times in a row.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Just as happy!
– thinner or fatter? The same.
– richer or poorer? The same.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Probably worked out. Meh. I utterly failed at C25K. Thinking about maybe trying again in the spring. Who knows.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
We had brunch with Keith’s parents and grandma and then went to my grandparents’ house. It was nice!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh geez. So many good ones. Game of Thrones, Homeland, Parenthood, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Good Wife, New Girl…
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Hugh Howey’s Wool Omnibus and A Song of Ice and Fire. I can’t pick.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I am like 7 years behind on music, so I have no idea.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I am also 23 years behind on films. I really like Hugo…no idea when it came out but I saw it this year.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26. I took the day off work and just hung out with Daisy. I made the horrible mistake of going to the mall and then met Keith for enchiladas at El Campesino.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
It was pretty dang satisfying. Maybe more time spent with friends/family.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
26. What kept you sane?
Keith and Daisy. And painting. It is therapeutic.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.