Today I turn 28! I’ve got big plans to buy a dresser today and get my hair done. I really know how to celebrate!
Here is my 2013 / age 27 year in review. You can see last year’s here.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Went to Minnesota with my sisters to meet two of my aunts! And see my Amma for the first time in ~20 years. Ran three 5ks! Bought a wedding dress! Had to rent a car when my transmission blew. Made beef jerky. Tried blood sausage, pork belly, figs and brussels sprouts. This was a year of firsts!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, according to last year’s survey my goals were: to read 100 books, (check!) continue to get mostly A’s in my classes (check!) and finish painting most of the rooms in the house (still working on that one).
I have a few goals for 2014, they’ll get their own blog post.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A ton of facebook/internet friends had babies, but no one I’m super close with. Someone in my family needs to have a baby but I think I am the most likely candidate so shhhhhhhh.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A long vacation…and it’s already in the works!
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Beginning of March was when we went to Minnesota.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I continue to be proud of my school progress. Taking 6 classes per year while working full-time is pretty time-consuming so I’m glad I can continue to get mostly A’s.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I got a B- in one class, but the class SUCKED so I have already forgiven myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A few colds here and there… I also hurt my foot somehow in the fall but I got a few x-rays and nothing came up, so I just quit running and it healed itself.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A heating pad for the foot of my bed. A plane ticket to MN. Oh, my photo books!
12. Where did most of your money go?
A brand! new! transmission! Hoorayyyyyyyyyy!
13. What did you get really excited about?
I was so excited to go see my amma, meet two of my aunts. One of my favorite moments of life. Also our engagement photos were fun!
14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Tonight You Belong to Me. Because of this video, which I can’t stop watching.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Just as happy!
– thinner or fatter? Down .2lbs. After being up 10+ so I’m pretty cool with that!
– richer or poorer? I have more in my savings account but it will pretty soon be depleted by wedding stuff, so probably poorer haha.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Painted! Kept up with the yardwork more. Worked out.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Our Christmas tradition has become Christmas Eve with Keith’s mom and stepdad, Christmas day brunch with Keith’s parents and grandma and then to my grandparents’ house. It’s nice!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Game of Thrones, Homeland, Parenthood, Breaking Bad (so sad it’s over, still a pretty perfect ending!), The Walking Dead, The Good Wife, New Girl, Misfits (so sad it’s over too!), Orange is the New Black
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I am like 7 years behind on music, so I have no idea.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I am also 23 years behind on films. We saw all the superhero films, I liked Thor the best and also loved Catching Fire.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27. I took the day off work and painted my living room! I am wild! Keith’s mom helped and then continued painting while Keith and I went to Blue for dinner.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time off work. Less homework.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
26. What kept you sane?
Keith and Daisy and the internet.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
“If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl