Today I turn 29! Last year I went to Ikea and got my hair done, so this year I planned on doing nothing and I have mostly accomplished that! I did do some cleaning and laundry because I am insane but I took a nap and sat on the couch a lot so that was nice.
Here is my 2014 / age 28 year in review. You can see 27 here and 26 here.
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Got married! Got in a car accident. Acquired a car payment. Got a promotion! Went to Hawaii! (more posts to come..)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, I failed at all of them except the get married one. Phew.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Same as last year: a ton of facebook/internet friends had babies, but no one I’m super close with.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
No other countries, but we did go to Nagshead and Hawaii!
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More free time? Another dog? A college degree.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 24! We got married!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I got a promotion, that I didn’t even apply for, so that was pretty awesome. I also have continued to do well in school.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Last year my biggest failure was that I got a B-. This year I was OVERJOYED to have gotten a C+. Haha. Biggest failure was probably not finding/making time to work out.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a sore neck/back from my car accident, but thankfully it wasn’t any more serious than that. I had double pinkeye over Christmas, so that was a blast.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A marriage license? Loretta the Legacy.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding, down payment on my car, Hawaiian honeymoon, tuition.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Getting married! Getting a new job! Going to Hawaii!
14. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Adele – One and Only. It was the song we danced to at the wedding and the song Jason put as backing to our wedding video.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Just as happy!
– thinner or fatter? fatter. I am up 6lbs from last year, so I need to work on that….
– richer or poorer? So much poorer. Need to work on that this year as well.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Socialized. Worked out.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas eve at the in-laws. Christmas day brunch with Keith’s grandma and then my grandparents’ house.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Orphan Black, Shameless, Game of Thrones, Parenthood, The Walking Dead, The Good Wife, Orange is the New Black, Broad City
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I am like 7 years behind on music, so I have no idea.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Maybe Mockingjay part 2. I am woefully behind on movies.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28. I went to Ikea and bought 2 dressers, I got my hair done.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time off work. Less homework.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Well I now have to dress like a grownup for work so lots of cardigans, pencil skirts, black tights.
26. What kept you sane?
Keith and Daisy and the internet.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
Even if you’re miserable, keep kicking ass and eventually someone will notice.