I’ve done these for a long time, since the live journal days, so even though I’m a week behind and I’ve only blogged twice in the past 6 months, here goes.
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Graduated from college! Traveled to the Pacific Northwest, got a giant tattoo.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t know that I had one. So, good job, self!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Same as last year: a ton of facebook/internet friends had babies, but no one I’m super close with.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
On August 10th, we lost Daisy and my world collapsed. I also lost a dear work friend in December. RIP Linda. ❤
5. Where did you visit?
DC twice, Seattle, Vancouver, Miami, Fort Myers, Tampa, Brooklyn! It was a busy year.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
A better commute.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 10th. 😦
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Meh, I dunno. Not finding a job with a better commute? Breaking my camera and having no idea how I did so.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I’m always sick.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Um, probably my new Frye boots.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Student loans, car payment, Daisy tattoo.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Elyse’s wedding! Our PNW vacation!
14. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Probably Adele – Hello.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? sadder
– thinner or fatter? Not sure, probably the same or fatter.
– richer or poorer? Probably poorer, thanks student loans.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Walked Daisy more.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Let my work-related anxiety affect my life.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas eve at the in-laws. Christmas day brunch with Keith’s grandma and then my grandparents’ house.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Hm…I watched Gilmore Girls again. Orphan Black, Shameless, Game of Thrones
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I’ve got a whole ‘nother book post coming.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I am like 7 years behind on music, so I have no idea.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I am woefully behind on movies.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29, I’m pretty sure I just stayed home with Daisy and ordered pizza.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time off work. Not losing Daisy.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Well I now have to dress like a grownup for work so lots of cardigans, pencil skirts, black tights.
26. What kept you sane?
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
I like dogs more than I like people.